As most paper crafters know, Tim Holtz just finished his Twelve Tags of Christmas for 2010. For my card club, one of the members had the great idea to make tags for our December exchange. Our instructions were lots of layering and any Tim Holtz techniques we could include.
1. Stamp Hero Arts flourish image on to tag with Versamark.
2. Sprinkle copper embossing powder on tags and emboss.
3. Use Distress Inks and Mini Mister with water to coat rest of background.
4. Rub Walnut Inker around all edges.
5. Take gold Perfect Pearls, mix with water, and coat the tag opening.
6. Spray with Glimmer Mist (pearl color) for some shine.
7. Wrap tulle around tag and secure in place with gold eyelets (using the Crop-a-dile).
8. Cut patterned paper for front and coat with Sepia Accents and Glimmer Mist.
9. Take a small white flower and daub it with Walnut Inker to make it dark brown.
10. Secure flower with a gold brad (from Oriental Trading Company).
11. Glue patterned candy cane paper on back of tag and cut to shape.
12. Distress the edges again with Walnut Inker.
13. Tie gold ribbon around tag opening (leftover from my sister’s wedding).