The year is almost over and it is time to check in about my goals and final stash reports. What a year! I might say this every year, but I think this one went by even faster than 2011. I still managed to get a lot of crafting done and share it here on the blog. Here were the goals for 2012 and the updates:
- Knit a lace weight sweater for myself without being concerned about the deadline.
- Well the statement about “not being concerned about the deadline” really did me in – I never did cast on for this project! That’s okay, I did a lot of other knitting. Maybe this one can happen in 2013.
- Become consistent with my spinning.
- This was a great goal that I feel like I really accomplished. I worked on my spinning using my Ashford Traditional and then I won a new Fricke wheel at Camp KIP in April. That really changed my spinning with the double treadle style. I love spinning on my Fricke. I even started to spin enough yarn to knit a sweater, but that is still a work in progress. And on top of becoming more consistent, I spun over 6,000 yards (see below)!
- Keep track of my fabric and yarn this year with the obvious goal of using more than buying.
- This was my second year of tracking fabric and my first year tracking yarn. I am so happy I started tracking my yarn purchases. It really made me scale back on the buying. When you know that purchasing 400 yards will set you back in a month, it makes you reconsider. And now I can say that I knit over 14,500 yards this year! Over 1,000 yards a month. That feels great.
- Enjoy my gift crafting!
- I am also proud to say I was able to accomplish this goal with knitting at least. There was no last minute stressing about knitting gifts like last year, mainly because I did not knit a lot for other people this year. There were a few moments during these last few weeks before Christmas that seemed stressed, but it all worked out. Completing crafts before December will probably have to become a permanent goal of mine!
- Grow something new (successfully) in the garden.
- This year I ended up focusing on things that had grown successfully in the garden the year before. So I had a crazy amount of peas, half of the garden, and several tomato plants. I did grow mint, which was new, but I did not really do anything exciting with it. The tulips I planted in fall 2011 really bloomed this year, so that was exciting to watch. I just was not into my garden this year like I was in 2011. There is a tree that is shading a lot of the garden right now, but I am hoping those branches will be cut down in time for this year.
And here are the final numbers!
Final Yarn and Fiber Stash Report for 2012:
Knit Year to Date: 14,816 yards
Traded/Sold Year to Date: 3,511 yards
Purchased Year to Date: 9,180 yards
Acquired for Free to Date: 4,550 yards
Net Destashed for 2012: 4,597 yards
Spun Year to Date: 6,448 yards
Final Fabric Stash Report for 2012:
Used since past update: 1 yard
Used year to Date: 16 yards
Added Recently: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 15 yards
Destashed Year to Date: 5 yards
Net Out of Stash for 2012: 6 yards
Thanks for reading this year and I look forward to your comments and likes in 2013!